Markhaven Home for Seniors welcomes volunteers!
Markhaven is a Long Term Care Home providing care to 96 residents. We have 24-hour nursing care and 2 doctors on staff. Volunteers make a significant contribution to our Home and greatly enrich the lives of our residents.
Volunteers assist in many areas of our Home. Whether you are looking for a way to give back to the community, have some extra time, or are a high school student or a university student, we welcome you to Markhaven.
- Assisting with Activities/Programs, ex. Bingo, Baking, Singing
- Office Help
- Working with our Physiotherapist team
- One on one visits, reading, special trips & occasions
- Dining Room Assistance
- Church visits and Chapel Services
- Kitchen/Dietary Assistance
- Environmental Services, ex. Gardening/ Maintenance
- Musical Entertainment
- Pet Therapy
- Enjoy working with others, especially Seniors
- Are compassionate and willing to assist others who cannot help themselves
- Would like to contribute to the community in a friendly, caring environment
- Would like to make a significant difference in people’s lives
- Are looking for a volunteering opportunity with flexible hours
- Are a student looking for high school community hours
The procedure for volunteering at Markhaven begins with coming in for a tour of our Residence and a short interview to discuss what you are interested in and what we have available. You would also receive our Application Form and a Police Check form which must be completed. We also provide an Orientation for all of our Volunteers.
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Laurie McClelland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-201-3375.