Markhaven Home for Seniors welcomes volunteers!
Markhaven is a Long Term Care Home providing care to 96 residents. We have 24-hour nursing care and 2 doctors on staff. Volunteers make a significant contribution to our Home and greatly enrich the lives of our residents.
Volunteers assist in many areas of our Home. Whether you are looking for a way to give back to the community, have some extra time, or are a high school student or a university student, we welcome you to Markhaven.
- Assisting with Activities/Programs, ex. Bingo, Baking, Singing
- Fundraising – help with annual luncheon/fashion show event
- Reception (temporarily not available at this time; screening taking place)
- Office Help
- One on one visits, reading, special trips & occasions
- Dining Room Assistance
- Church visits and Chapel Services
- Kitchen/Dietary Assistance
- Environmental Services, ex. gardening, painting, building maintenance, etc.
- Enjoy working with others, especially Seniors
- Are compassionate and willing to assist others who cannot help themselves
- Would like to contribute to the community in a friendly, caring environment
- Would like to make a significant difference in people’s lives
- Are looking for a volunteering opportunity with flexible hours
- Are a student looking for high school community hours
The procedure for volunteering at Markhaven begins with coming in for a tour of our Residence and a short interview to discuss what you are interested in and what we have available. You would also receive our Application Form, and a Police Check form which must be completed if you are 18 or over. As part of the volunteering process, Markhaven will provide an Orientation for all of our Volunteers. Please note that the minimum age for volunteering at Markhaven is 15 years of age.
If you are interested, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Laurie McClelland, at firstname.lastname@example.org.