Monthly Activity Calendars
Markhaven offers a variety of meaningful recreational activities to meet the needs of our residents.
We have two separate calendars of activities, both in printable PDF format, for our residents on an on-going basis:
- 2North/2South Calendar, which highlights large and small group activities on the 2nd floor of Markhaven Home for Seniors.
- 1North (Special Needs)/1South Calendar, which highlights large and small group activities on the 1st floor of Markhaven Home for Seniors.
- 2North/2South – December 2013
- 2North/2South – November 2013
- 2North/2South – October 2013
- 2North/2South – September 2013
- 2North/2South – August 2013
- 2North/2South – July 2013
- 2North/2South – June 2013
- 2North/2South – May 2013
- 2North/2South – April 2013
- 2North/2South – March 2013
- 2North/2South – February 2013
- 2North/2South – January 2013
1North (Special Needs)/1South Calendars
- 1North/1South – December 2013
- 1North/1South – November 2013
- 1North/1South – October 2013
- 1North/1South – September 2013
- 1North/1South – August 2013
- 1North/1South – July 2013
- 1North/1South – June 2013
- 1North/1South – May 2013
- 1North/1South – April 2013
- 1North/1South – March 2013
- 1North/1South – February 2013
- 1North/1South – January 2013
Our annual family and residents’ BBQ was a fun-filled day for all participants! Residents, family members and grandchildren enjoyed a fabulous day which included hot dogs, hamburgers, refreshments, ice-cream and much more! Not to mention “The Fiddle Sticks Band” that entertained all age cohorts….it was truly amazing!
Equally important, “the weather cooperated”!
Markhaven Home for Seniors would like to extend their gratitude to members of the Lions Club (Markham) for their dedicated efforts in assisting and participating annually in our BBQ. You all are truly incredible, committed and passionate about what you do. This is evidenced by how well you all manage, organize and execute the barbecuing task you do each year!
We would also like to thank our other dedicated volunteers who came out to help make the BBQ so enjoyable.
On behalf of Markhaven Home for Seniors, “We thank you!”
Director of Program Services .
Mother’s Day Celebration
Our Mother’s Day Celebration on Friday, May 10th, was everything we hoped it would be! The atmosphere was friendly, warm and lively. The celebration included mothers, daughters, sons, great grandchildren and others….together, we celebrated “Mothers”.
There was live entertainment by Mr. and Mrs. Vazquet, who were fabulous and put on an amazing performance. Their musicality was reciprocated with much positive feedback from the audience!
Refreshments, finger food and special snacks were available for everyone and each resident received a fresh cut carnation flower and a “mother’s day wish”. Overall, an enjoyable, memorable afternoon!
A special thank you to our volunteers who helped make the Mother’s Day Celebration such a success!
Story-Telling with Adel on Saturday Afternoons
Story telling is enjoyed by all age cohorts and cultures. It is the conveying of events in words, images and improvisation…..bringing the story alive.
Residents will have the opportunity to attend and participate in story-telling with Adel on Saturdays on a monthly basis. Adel will be visiting 2N & 2S and 1N & 1S, in rotation. All residents are of course welcome to attend any of her visits!
Adel is well-known in the Long Term Care and Retirement sectors for her interactive story-telling through images and discourse.
Hope to see you there with Adel!