Care & Accomodations
Since our inception in 1960, Markhaven has earned a reputation of providing excellent care for seniors and those requiring long term assistance.
Markhaven is licensed by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and operates under the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007. As such, we provide 24 hour on-site nursing care and assistance with activities of daily living and individualized care planning; meals planned by a registered dietician, regular physician and pharmacist visits, laundry, activities to support or restore fitness, restorative nursing to optimize residents’ independence, OHIP funded physiotherapy, and many activity programs including birthday and festive celebrations. We assist residents in arranging on-site hairdressing, dental assessments and podiatry care.
- 96 beds
- Television hook-up and phone is available
- Nurse call stations
- Patient Wandering System Security
- Four home areas containing fewer than 28 beds each with dining room, bathing suites, activity areas and lounges
- Beauty salon, chapel, library, auditorium
- Private, semi-private and basic rooms with ensuite washrooms
- Enclosed garden off the main floor
Bath Stations and Hair Salon
- Four special mechanical bath stations
- Easy access
- Two elevators
- Magnetic lock perimeter doors
Chapel and Auditorium
- Second floor Chapel opens into Auditorium when not in use
- Families of residents meet to discuss common areas of interest. This support mechanism serves all who want to be a part of the group. Senior management attends when invited by the group.
- If you would like to contact Family Council please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Family Council” included in your subject line. Your questions will be directed to Marg Calver, the contact for Family Council.
- Through the Resident Advisory Council, residents are able to regularly meet collectively with the management of the home to provide input on services and programs. Residents can also ask to speak to management staff at any time.