Vision, Values & Philosophy of Care
Enabling residents to find meaning and joy in life, in a caring Christian environment.
“We at Markhaven are committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of our residents. We strive to have excellent service for residents of every culture in a supportive, caring Christian environment and to maintain a high level of dignity and individuality”
- Compassion and Service
- Compliance with Legislation
Principles and Philosophy of Care
Markhaven, Inc. operates based on the following principles and philosophy of care:
- Holistic resident-centered care and service.
- Markhaven is the resident’s home.
- We promote the health and well-being of all residents by adequately meeting their physical, psychological, social, spiritual, and cultural needs.
- We provide a safe, comfortable home like environment.
- We treat residents with dignity and respect.
- We have a not for profit approach.
- We practice honesty and fairness.
- We uphold the Resident’s Bill of Rights.
- We act responsibly to act to comply with laws.
- Accepting residents from all cultures and faiths.
- Public accountability and transparency in the public interest.
- Effective and sustainable use of resources.
- Responsible innovation and adaptability.
- Safe work practices.
- Continuous quality improvement.
- Qualified staff.
- Supporting collaboration and mutual respect amongst residents, family members and friends, long term home providers, service providers, caregivers, volunteers, the community and governments to meet the needs of residents.
- Fostering positive labor relations.
Philosophy of Care
- Markhaven is a home where residents are respected as individuals.
- We promote residents being informed and enabled to participate in the decision that impact their lives and care.
- Markhaven is a home to it’s residents and we apply a holistic resident-centered approach to delivery of quality of care and services, focusing on promoting and optimizing each resident’s abilities independence and self-worth.
- We strive to be attentive and responsive to resident’s needs to the greatest extend possible consistent with our resources and Christian Values.